Withdraw: removing all classes from your schedule for the semester/session.
Withdrawing From the University
NOTIFICATION TO THE INSTRUCTOR DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WITHDRAWAL. Students wishing to withdraw (drop ALL classes) are encouraged to come to the Office of the University Registrar during regular business hours, J.C. Kellam lobby, for specific instructions. If it is not possible for a student to come by the Office of the University Registrar, the student may send a fax to (512)245-8126 with his/her signature. The official withdrawal request form is available to print & complete off the Registrar’s website. The fax date will be used as the withdrawal date. The withdrawal process is different than dropping a course. If you withdraw before the 4th/12th class day there will not be a record of classes; however, your transcript will state; “(semester withdrawn), Withdrew and (date of withdrawal).” A $15.00 matriculation fee will be assessed for withdrawals prior to the first class day. Should you need to leave the University after that date, report to the Registrar's office.
Due to a change in the law, students who are receiving financial aid and withdraw from the University may be required to repay a portion of tuition at the time they withdraw.
Academic Calendar - check the final withdrawal deadline listed on the calendar.
Withdrawal refund deadline information can be found on Cashier's Withdrawal/Drop Refund web page or contact the Texas State Cashier's Office at (512) 245-2544.
To request withdrawal from the University:
- Official Withdrawal may be requested by visiting our office, J.C. Kellam Bldg. Rm. 111.
- Official Withdrawal require the student's signature.
- A picture ID is required.
Withdraw by Mail:
Texas State University
Office of the University Registrar
J.C. Kellam, Ste. 111
601 University Dr.
San Marcos, TX 78666
- Official Withdrawal by mail requires the student's signature.
- Received date will be used as the withdrawal date.
Withdraw by Fax:
- Print out a Withdrawal Form, fill it out and fax to the Texas State University Office of the University Registrar (512) 245-8126.
- Official Withdrawal by fax requires the student's signature.
- Please allow 4 hours before calling to check if a fax was received by our office.
Withdraw by Email:
- Print out a Withdrawal Form, fill it out, scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official Withdrawal by email requires the student's signature.
- Please allow 24 hours before calling to check if an email was received by our office.