1. How do I activate my NetID?
You can go to CatsWeb and under the "Online Services" section click on "Activate My NetID", then follow the instructions.
2. I forgot my password, what should I do?
You can go to CatsWeb and under the "Online Services" section click on "I Forgot My NetID Password”, then follow the instructions.
3. How do I change my address?
4. Where can I get an unofficial copy of my transcript?
Only students who have an active NetID will be able to retrieve an unofficial transcript thru Texas State Self-Service.
1. Log in to Texas State Self-Service
2. Click on "Student" tab
3. Click on "Student Records"
4. Click on "Academic Transcript"
5. Select Level & Unofficial Transcript
6. Click on “Submit”
Students who do not have an active NetID may order a transcript thru TranscriptPlus.
5. Where can I get a verification of enrollment?
You can go to
under "Academic Records" then click on "
". You may also come by the Office of the University Registrar at JCK 111 – Student Records.
6. Where do I pay tuition?
Payments can be made online via your
or at the Student Business Services Office in the J.C. Kellam Building, Room 188.
7. Where do I turn in transfer work from another university/college?
Undergraduate transcripts from another university/college should be turned into the Undergraduate Admissions office at 429 N. Guadalupe St. San Marcos, Texas 78666. You can contact them at (512) 245-2364. Graduate/Post Grad transcripts from another university/college should be turned into the Graduate College at 601 University Drive San Marcos, Texas 78666 or call them at (512) 245-2581.
8. I have a hold, where do I clear it?
You will need to contact the department that placed the hold.
9. I am trying to withdraw but CatsWeb will not let me. What do I do?
You cannot drop your last or only class on the web. You will need to contact the Office of the University Registrar, JCK 111, (512) 245-2367 or go to our webpage regarding withdrawals follow instructions and fill out and fax in Official Withdrawal Request Form.
10. How do I update my anticipated date of graduation with my financial aid lender?
You will need to contact Financial Aid at JCK 240 or (512) 245-2315.
11. When is my bill due?
You can check the
page on the Student Business Services website for additional information.
12. How can I get my GPA?
If you are a current student, you can go to
then click on transcript. If you are not a current student, you will need to order a copy of your transcript. You can go to the Office of the University Registrar's website then click on Transcripts. Follow instructions or come by the Office of the University Registrar in JCK 111.
13. I am a new student going through orientation. When do I register?
You will need to contact the Undergraduate Admissions office at (512) 245-2364 or the Orientation Office at (512) 245-3655.
14. I have questions about graduation. Is my process complete and do you have the correct mailing address for my diploma?
You will need to contact your Academic Advising Center that your major is under.
15. I am trying to register and it is telling me my index numbers are wrong.
You have chosen the wrong semester to choose courses. You will need to make sure to pick the right semester in the drop down box. When you are in registration and click on search for open classes, the drop down box to choose a semester is on the right.
16. Where do I go for Financial Aid information?
You can go to the
website for information or contact their office at JCK 240 or call (512) 245-2315.
17. Where do I go for Residential information?
You can go to the
website for information or contact their office at 515 N. Comanche St. or call (512) 245-2382.
18. Where do I go for my id?
You can contact ID Services at LBJSC 2-9.1 or call (512) 245-2297.
19. Where do I go to apply to the University?
If you are an undergraduate
you can contact
, 429 N Guadalupe St, San Marcos, TX 78666 or call (512) 245-2364. If you are a graduate/post graduate, you can contact
, (512) 245-2581.
How do I know my classification?
Freshman: 0-29 hours
Sophomore: 30-59 hours
Junior: 60-89 hours
Senior: 90 + hours
Graduate, Post-Grad: these students have completed an undergrad degree